Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I've decided to start a blog...

I'm not sure if it is because it's the new trend or if I think people will become fascinated by what I have to say. My focus of the blog is the new journey I am starting. The main focus will be my hobbies, but I will also talk about my experiences as I journey through life. 

I learned how to knit about a year and a half ago. One of my good friends took the time to teach me, then I bought some yarn and a pair of needles and away I went. It became a passion and I've knit many things. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of all of my projects. I also started a knitting club at the middle school where I was working. I didn't realize what a big hit it would be, nor did I realize how many BOYS would get into it! In a highly Latino area, it is important to be "manly," so it was surprising that I got any boys to join a club doing something meant for "old ladies."

I also learned about 5 months ago that my favorite (okay, only) niece is lactose intolerant. I've also discovered that my tummy is sensitive to some foods, but since I can live with it (so far), I'm not doing much to take care of that, yet. One of my good friends has Celiac disease. She has started to teach me about "tummy friendly" eating. Through her and another friend, I found another blog that is completely dairy-free (as well as vegan and gluten free, if that's what you want). You'll hear more about that website later.

So, why am I calling this my new journey? Well, that's the first story I'll tell... read my next post to find out... 

No comments:

Post a Comment